Macro lens with 5x magnification

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
OneGuyKs

Macro lens with 5x magnification

Unread post by OneGuyKs »

The Japanese company Yasuhara showed a prototype of a new Nanoha macro lens for Micro Four Thirds and Sony NEX cameras. The lens can provide 5 times magnification (regular macro lenses provide 1:1 magnification). Price is expected to be around ¥50,000 (aprox. $600). The lens is currently in the final stages of development. Manufacturing is expected to begin in late June

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: http://photorumors.com/2011/05/27/nanoh ... z1NdkCBsAq

Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Re: Macro lens with 5x magnification

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Very very very interesting! Thanks for the links.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

5x macro is certainly something really special. You'll be fighting against thin DOF and missing light. Not something for me, but if you're into macro, at the announced price it might be a real winner!
WaltKnapp
Oligarch

Unread post by WaltKnapp »

bossel wrote:5x macro is certainly something really special. You'll be fighting against thin DOF and missing light. Not something for me, but if you're into macro, at the announced price it might be a real winner!
I think I'd prefer the Canon MP-E 65 1x-5x macro be adapted to the mount (preferably A mount). I currently have several primes that cover the range of 1x to 40x in my macro system, that can easily be adapted to E or A mount. Plus the Minolta A mount 1x-3x. And the Zeiss Luminar 2.5x-5x that I'm in the process of adapting.

I'm not a fan of LED lighting for high magnification macro, Flash will do a much better job of controlling motion problems. But at least it does not need syncro connections.

Walt
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

WaltKnapp wrote:I'm not a fan of LED lighting for high magnification macro, Flash will do a much better job of controlling motion problems. But at least it does not need syncro connections.

Walt
I guess in the near future you will be able to use LEDs with controllable/adjustable temperature for special needs (though it may be a problem to synchronize it with the camera's WB). :roll:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr