Nex 7 shipping date

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: Nex 7 shipping date

Unread post by pakodominguez »

InTheSky wrote:Other strange thing... I not able to understand why there is error like that on official Sony's web page :

https://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stores ... VStSlrE%3D

It is said there that the NEX-7 go up to ISO 20 000 , is it the case now ? I cannot see other place where this information can be confirmed ...
ISO : Auto (ISO 100-16000), Selectable (ISO 100 to 1600)
where do you see 20 000 ISO?
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

Straight in the front page on the left of the camera : TEXT: Model Features: 24.3-megapixel, up to 10 fps shooting, ISO 20000 sensitivity, AVCHD 60i, 60p, 24p, APS HS CMOS image sensor, Sweep Panorama, Auto HDR, Live View, Tiltable LCD.

But you are right, in the specification section, the information is correct.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

pakodominguez wrote:ISO : Auto (ISO 100-16000), Selectable (ISO 100 to 1600)
That is another error, or do you expect auto going to 16000 and manual not above 1600? :lol:
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

agorabasta wrote:
pakodominguez wrote:ISO : Auto (ISO 100-16000), Selectable (ISO 100 to 1600)
That is another error, or do you expect auto going to 16000 and manual not above 1600? :lol:
;-)
But I'm fine with that
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
InTheSky
Viceroy

I found in the past some post in Dpreview forum about the LCD protector for NEX 5 should be compatible with the NEX 7. But looking at different video on the internet and picture, the system to grip lcd protector on the camera looks to be on the side of the lcd ... and I don't see place to fit the current NEX 5 plastic cover on the top of the LCD because it is going under the view finder.

So, is there any body with news about if there is a special LCD protector for the NEX 7 on going ?

Probably, if I received the camera soon ... I will stick with a LCD protective sheet, and do not do the mistake with my NEX 5 where I have strongly scrap the LCD first week.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

Frank, are you sure you have scratched the LCD itself and not the original protective plastic sheet that is there on all the Nex screens?
InTheSky
Viceroy

Ho yes, it is a deep scratch :).

Thank you for your advice.

Frank
Frank
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

I was told by someone at LCE today that they have been informed that the NEX-7 will not be available till next year - February tbey thought but I've also heard March. While one must feel sympathy for Sony having lost a critical production facility at a critical launch time it is galling that the August announcement itself had been preceded by several months of managed leaks wich apparently built up expectations, particularly for the Nex7, to major levels. The risk now must be that competitors jump in to meet the gap before Sony has had a chance to launch. The circumstances are clearly different but there are parallels between the launch of the competition trouncing a900 in 2008 which was trumped within weeks by the upgrading of the EOS 5D to the highly competitive 5D Mark II. And if competitors dont jump in it's also possible that demand may be satisfied instead by the NEX-5N - always assuming they can mak enough of those along with the all-important EVF. Indeed, given the current pace of innovation, it is by no means impossible that the NEX-7 becomes obsolete before stocks reach the shops.