Dpreview likes it ...

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
InTheSky
Viceroy

Dpreview likes it ...

Unread post by InTheSky »

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12/14/sonynex7review

Gold award :-) ...

The first interesting observation, is that only the Nikon D3X looks little bit better in Image quality RAW.

Still waiting at my door to take the camera in my hand :-(

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Re: Dpreview likes it ...

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

You beat me to it Frank :!: :lol:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Just finished reading it. Despite thinking that the physical controls are good, they still don't like the interface itself.

It is a pretty compelling bit of kit and, from a technology point if view, a marvel. When you look at how much of the body is taken up with, lens mount, rear flippy screen, dials and buttons, battery and memory card, internal flash, and EVF it is pretty amazing that you can squeeze any sensor in there at all.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
lonewolf16x9
Heirophant

Unread post by lonewolf16x9 »

Birma wrote:Just finished reading it. Despite thinking that the physical controls are good, they still don't like the interface itself.

It is a pretty compelling bit of kit and, from a technology point if view, a marvel. When you look at how much of the body is taken up with, lens mount, rear flippy screen, dials and buttons, battery and memory card, internal flash, and EVF it is pretty amazing that you can squeeze any sensor in there at all.
Having got to play with one yesterday at my local Sony Centre, I have to say I'm smitten :oops:

It's really beautiful, feels lovely in the hand, responsive a joy, and the Camera is not bad either :!: :lol:

Seriuosly worth a look at even if you won't buy it, every bit as nice as a Fuji X100 for different reasons, quite compelling...
For me they've hit the nail on the head :!:

Not on my horizon as I need to get my hands on a CZ 24mm F2, somehow with no Money, and a body to complete my 70-400mm Compact :wink:
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd
www.exaggeratedperspectives.co.uk
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

So DPReview is not totally anti Sony. They seem to recognise a good thing when they see it. The NEX-7 is good, so now for the lenses to do justice to this camera Sony.
I will certainly purchase this camera in the spring. I hope for a price reduction. I have ordered the EA-LA2 and will use this with my NEX-5 and A-mount lenses. I understand the firmware required will become available shortly.
As I am a zoom person, I would be looking for a smaller E-mount version of something like Tamron's 11-18mm W/A zoom and a good standard zoom, preferably something resembling the CZ 16-80, but smaller. I would not worry about built in stabilisation in the 11-18mm. I think that my 55-210 is so good that it will match the NEX-7. I will give the 18-200mm Sony/Tamron a miss and simply use my Sony 18-250 with EA-LA2 on my NEX bodies when doing video requiring that sort of zoom range.
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

All this is very tantalising. The reviews are uniformly excellent but one can't buy the camera, at least not yet here in the UK! I'm not a great fan of dpreviews which I feel are rather clinical and list based but this one was really rather informative about additional features which haven't been mentioned before and generally rather helpful.

I'm not sure that people will be falling over themselves to buy the CZ 24/1.8 though even if it is an excellent lens, as reported. It is just too expensive (and large) and, despite the favourable comparison with the Leica 24 M Summilux by Michael Reichmann on Luminous Landscape I feel that the marketplaces for CZ and Leica M lenses are quite different, the latter going to a user base which appears to be price insensitive.

On the subject of CZ, I am really surprised that they have been so dilatory in taking up the jv offer made to them several years ago by Sony. After all they were left pretty well stranded when Kyocera pulled the plug on Contax/Yashica and one would have thought they would have pulled out all the stops and come up with more variants by now. Maybe this is why Sony tbrew open the E-mount technology to all and sundry. Personally I am looking forward to dedicated Cosina Voigtlander offerings even if they will be manual only.