New Firmware Enables Translucent Mirror Adapter

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

Re: New Firmware Enables Translucent Mirror Adapter

Unread post by alphaomega »

agorabasta wrote
I have a Tamron 28-75 that loses communication with the body every single time the zoom is moved too fast - that's on an a55. The same stupid prob happens with the lousy SAL 18-250 mounted on a LA-EA2. The only thing in common between the two is the contact pads being too short in radial dimension.
And the first thing you lose control of is exactly the the aperture setting. So just dig a bit deeper - Tamron built is no culprit whatsoever. Sony is!
That is bad news for me as I have an LA-EA2 on its way and plan to use it primarily with my SAL18-250 fitted to my NEX-5. Time will show what happens. Typically I do not make fast zooming so maybe I will not experience this problem of losing control over the aperture setting. It is most annoying when Sony are driving technological development but fail to make "the nitty gritty" work.
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

The problem with 18-250 is rather intermittent and never appears if the zoom is moved more gently, so the combo is quite usable.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Thanks for your encouraging comments agorabasta. Had to take my wife to the railway station and just missed special delivery of my LA-EA2 so collection will be Monday. Looking forward to upgrading my NEX-5 with v.5 and trying the converter with an Alpha lens. I really like the way that Sony is moving towards allowing use of Alpha lenses on NEX cameras maintaining AF & introducing Phase Detection. When I view my collection now of Alpha and NEX equipment I can see many useful combinations for varied shooting requirements and allowing light weight quality lens and camera combinations. Canon and Nikon must be scratching their heads and wondering how to respond. Next year at this time there will probably also be a hefty presence in the FF market with new cameras and more lenses. Overall I must say I am pleased with Sony's efforts to date. Not perfect but certainly useful.