Expensive, but BRILLANT ! :-) : Leica standard-Macro adapter

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
InTheSky
Viceroy

Expensive, but BRILLANT ! :-) : Leica standard-Macro adapter

Unread post by InTheSky »

If you have leica lenses ... you will probably automatically understand the need for this adapter :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0743878413

I cannot wait to received it. Recent experiment of the 40mm 2.0 and the old Canon 50mm 1.2 show me that you need more than often to focus under the 1m distance.

Great Idea, you can wait until I received it with my feedback to see if this is good or not.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Expensive, but BRILLANT ! :-) : Leica standard-Macro ada

Unread post by Birma »

Very interesting Frank - look forward to your full review :D .

This seems like a really excellent idea. I wonder why more adapter manufacturers are not doing it? Who wouldn't want the ability to close focus once in a while, and then slip back to infinity focus?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Only criticism is that they have had to limit it to 4mm travel. Similar helical adaptors for SLR lenses, such as Pentax screw, add even more macro range because they can have a longer helicoid.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

David Kilpatrick wrote:Only criticism is that they have had to limit it to 4mm travel. Similar helical adaptors for SLR lenses, such as Pentax screw, add even more macro range because they can have a longer helicoid.

David

Agree, probably lazy :-) on the mechanical design ($$$).

For the Leica, I have check the picture, and I think this is probably the best when keeping an strong adapter.

Now the question is ... : where are all the Tilt and Shift for NEX mount (Nikon, canon fd, Minolta MD & AF, pentax, etc) ??? I don't see a reason why a company don't try to built one.

Regards,

Frank
Frank
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

InTheSky wrote: Now the question is ... : where are all the Tilt and Shift for NEX mount (Nikon, canon fd, Minolta MD & AF, pentax, etc) ??? I don't see a reason why a company don't try to built one.

Regards,

Frank
http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Lens-Mou ... 7_413.html
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have had a tilt adaptor from the very beginning - they appeared at photokina 2010. The missing product is tilt-shift except for the ARAX which may only be 42mm thread. Obviously people would like Minolta AF.

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

I just received the adapter in the mailbox tonight returning from my Family visit in the North of Quebec.

So far : WOW ... , if you can absorb the expense of the adapter I HIGHLY recommended it.

The adapter feel very solid but at the same time very light in weight ... to a point you can think it is made of plastic. Great mechanical achievement and finish.

The Macro level is brilliant. I was afraid of making moving the Macro mechanical doing the focus on the lens but not ! the system makes the two movement totally independent and the way they design it the distance stay there and only move if you turn the special mechanism (and this mechanism is very free of movement once you touch it). Once you are at position Zero of the Macro adapter, the height is exactly the same as perfect Leica adapter.

This bring really a another dimension of possibility of all Leica lens, now all those old and great lenses don't have to be jealous of those new today lenses with better native close focus possibility. I cannot wait to make full face portrait picture with my Canon 50mm F1.2 LTM instead of behind stock to get shoulder + head of my subject in a single shot :-).

Now I have to go to bed and make a check in my dream for this technical realization and continue of dreaming a powerful NEX->TILT-SHIFT adapter for Minolta AF lenses or Canikon ..., Olympus (21mm 2.0 yummy ...), Pentax, Tamron adaptall ... ). Why Human never satisfy ... ?
DSC01939.jpg
(227.97 KiB) Downloaded 1864 times
Regards,

Frank
Frank
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Ahaa, now for more Leica shots. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr