NEX-7 EVF of use for video recording?

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
alphaomega
Viceroy

NEX-7 EVF of use for video recording?

Unread post by alphaomega »

Excuse my ignorance or lack of attention to published material but I am sometimes struggling (as a beginner in video recording) with the LV display on my A580. I do intend to purchase a NEX-7 "when the price is right" and I was wondering if this "wonder" of a camera also allowed for viewing through the EVF when recording video???
Please, I understand this would not be at the same time as LV display screen.
agorabasta
Viceroy

Re: NEX-7 EVF of use for video recording?

Unread post by agorabasta »

It's only the info overlays that are different between LV/EVF in Nex. The video monitor feed is exactly the same between them and also shared with the HDMI output.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Thanks for the information agorabasta.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

alphaomega wrote:Excuse my ignorance or lack of attention to published material but I am sometimes struggling (as a beginner in video recording) with the LV display on my A580. I do intend to purchase a NEX-7 "when the price is right"
I think the price is "right" now...
;-)
alphaomega wrote: and I was wondering if this "wonder" of a camera also allowed for viewing through the EVF when recording video???
Please, I understand this would not be at the same time as LV display screen.
Yes, you can use the EVF for filming -actually it is good for handling the camera if no tripod or other video-stabilizatin system is used.
As Agorabasta already mention, there is only a small difference on the display mode between the rear screen and the EVF.

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alphaomega
Viceroy

Thank you for the information pakodominguez.
I am kind of overwhelmed by the influx of new Sony cameras and the rate of "innovation". No doubt you have seen the latest releases on SAR, DPReview and surely on Sony's own sites etc. etc. New A37 & NEX-F3 as well as the much heralded 18-135 zoom. Problem for me is that the A580 and NEX-5 in my possession are good enough for my purposes and I can wait for the NEX-7 to drop to £800-850 here when the "early adopters" are on to something else. I would rather like to see a couple of compact zoom lenses for NEX. A compact standard quality zoom equivalent to my 16-80 CZ would do fine as well as a compact W/A quality zoom covering 11-18 would be equally welcome. That 18-135 zoom is just no good to me. I would desperately miss the 16-18mm coverage. I tend to use my LX5 (24-90mm 35mm equivalent) more than my NEX-5 because of the hassle of switching between 16mm pancake and 18-55mm zoom.