Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Spotted on eBay - Kenko two tube auto set for NEX -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenko-AF-Macr ... 696wt_1281

David
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: NEX auto extension tubes

Unread post by InTheSky »

Nice catch ! I remember having bought the same kind from kenko for the Alpha mount and the problem was that too much shaft duplication was making the lens almost impossible to focus manually and the motor of the camera to force moving the lens. But with the NEX, there is not driving shaft, so I should be perfect.

The question I have in mind now is ... what lens in the NEX lineup is able to support macro magnification and keep the detail. In my mind I have probably only the Zeiss 24mm 1.8 ...

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
artington
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by artington »

InTheSky wrote:Nice catch ! I remember having bought the same kind from kenko for the Alpha mount and the problem was that too much shaft duplication was making the lens almost impossible to focus manually and the motor of the camera to force moving the lens. But with the NEX, there is not driving shaft, so I should be perfect.

The question I have in mind now is ... what lens in the NEX lineup is able to support macro magnification and keep the detail. In my mind I have probably only the Zeiss 24mm 1.8 ...

Frank
I would suggest using 50/100 Sony/Minolta AF/MD lenses with the appropriate tubes and adapter. There is much greater choice of lens than in E-mount although you do of course have to interpose an adapter. I have successfully used a Minolta AF 50/3.5 with the LEA-1 and Kenko tubes on my NEX.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The tubes are advertised as mainly intended for the 24mm f/1.8, but I'd say they were a good bet with the 50mm f/1.8 OSS and also for the forthcoming 35mm f/1.8.

I would buy them if I had the 50mm OSS, I think.

David
Vidgamer
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Vidgamer »

artington wrote: I would suggest using 50/100 Sony/Minolta AF/MD lenses with the appropriate tubes and adapter. There is much greater choice of lens than in E-mount although you do of course have to interpose an adapter. I have successfully used a Minolta AF 50/3.5 with the LEA-1 and Kenko tubes on my NEX.
I bought some cheap non-Kenko tubes to use with A-mount lenses. It is almost what I want for digitizing slides and film. Better than scanning, but still painful. Anyways, this looks like an interesting alternative. I agree, great find!
InTheSky
Viceroy

Unread post by InTheSky »

David Kilpatrick wrote:The tubes are advertised as mainly intended for the 24mm f/1.8, but I'd say they were a good bet with the 50mm f/1.8 OSS and also for the forthcoming 35mm f/1.8.

I would buy them if I had the 50mm OSS, I think.

David
I have forgot the fact of stabilisation inside this great 50mm 1.8 ... , probably this can be a beast for handled video Macro shot.

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )