NEX6 Flash

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

NEX6 Flash

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

Does the new flash shoe mean that it is what would now be considered to be a conventional flash shoe after all these years?
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Re: NEX6 Flash

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Ralpheyesight wrote:Does the new flash shoe mean that it is what would now be considered to be a conventional flash shoe after all these years?
Alas...
Sony used this apparently traditional hotshoe for its camcorders for years, that allow them to power some accessories, like mics and so, with the camera power. I guess Sony will start by offering mics, then GPS units and more thanks to this interface. But I'm not happy about it...
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralpheyesight
Initiate

Unread post by Ralpheyesight »

[quote="pakodominguez"][quote="Ralpheyesight"]Does the new flash shoe mean that it is what would now be considered to be a conventional flash shoe after all these years?[/quote]
Alas...
Sony used this apparently traditional hotshoe for its camcorders for years, that allow them to power some accessories, like mics and so, with the camera power. I guess Sony will start by offering mics, then GPS units and more thanks to this interface. But I'm not happy about it...[/quote]

Thanks
agorabasta
Viceroy

Unread post by agorabasta »

pakodominguez wrote:But I'm not happy about it...
I would be much happier if they made an adapter specifically tailored to that body, so that it didn't compromise mechanical strength and didn't look as an ugly bolt-on crutch.