Adapted lenses - Sony Alpha Mount 35mm f:1.8 lens on my NEX6

For discussion of the E and FE mount mirrorless system
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Adapted lenses - Sony Alpha Mount 35mm f:1.8 lens on my NEX6

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

Here is an image taken last night in a restaurant at a family birthday dinner. It happens to be my youngest grandson (14 months) with his mother.

The camera was my NEX-6, using a 35mm f:1.8 Sony Alpha Mount lens on a LA-EA2 adapter.

Shutter speed was 1/60 second, f-stop was f:1.8, and ISO was 1600. Focus point was my grandson, thus putting my daughter-in-law slightly out of focus and softening her appearance to match the emotion.

Post-processing consisted of cropping to a 4x5 ratio, adjustment of the white balance to compensate for the indoor lighting, and minor bumping of the shadows to bring her hair out of a solid black into separable strands and let the contours be visible.

I have liked this lens on my Alpha 700 since I first bought the lens, but this is the first time I have used it on the NEX-6.

- Tom -

4 Sept 2013-603867.jpg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Adapted lenses - Sony Alpha Mount 35mm f:1.8 lens on my

Unread post by Birma »

That's a lovely portrait Tom :)

I have used a 50 on my Nex for these sort if indoor people shots but it feels a bit long. Perhaps 30 or 35 is better.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Mark K
Grand Caliph

Re: Adapted lenses - Sony Alpha Mount 35mm f:1.8 lens on my

Unread post by Mark K »

I have not tested it on my Nex cameras till today...mounted via LA EA1 plus a Kenko ext tube to a7