An interesting find in the second hand book store ...

Discuss photo books, videos, DVDs, training courses, exhibitions and events - anything which helps you learn and understand photography
Birma
Tower of Babel

An interesting find in the second hand book store ...

Unread post by Birma »

Basic Photography by DK.jpg
(389.63 KiB) Downloaded 3058 times
While in Cornwall on holiday I was looking around a very interesting second hand book shop. I found the photography section in the shop and I was delighted to find this from our own DK! :)

Published in 1985 for the princely sum of £1.99. Interesting to note that in 29 years the price had only gone down to £1, and that is secondhand. ;)

It is a nice introduction to photography - all film then of course. What I like about the book is there is much very sensible advice irrespective of the format being used. Things like how to best hold your camera, and composition rules for different types of portrait.

I was surprised that the photography for the book wasn't done by David, but apparently by someone called Mike Duff.

A nice 'blast from the past' :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
harvey
Oligarch

Re: An interesting find in the second hand book store ...

Unread post by harvey »

Or you could get Light and Lighting by David Kilpatrick, Focal Press, 1985 new from an Amazon seller for
£4,099.84 + postage.

I have one on my bookshelf behind me which I probably purchased not long after publication.