White or Black Color base?

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
mcddeb
Initiate

Re: White or Black Color base?

Unread post by mcddeb »

Thanks for the explanation David,BTW your daughter is a lovely young woman.

I have the Expodisc, there is much debate on whether it is really worth the expense. It seems to be one of those things some photogs either love it or think it is useless. Does the A700 share the cwb system with the KM 5D and the A100?

Debra
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Nothing is as fast as the 5D! The A700 is a menu option, a couple of extra button presses needed. Actually, all the KM/Sony WB custom measurement processes are fast compared with other makes. The Expodisc does work, but you must remember to use it like an incident light meter. Stand in the subject position, and face the camera position when making the reading - the is the most perfect method (or turn the camera to face the same as the subject does). What you must not do is take a reading while aiming the Expodisc at the subject. This will result in a wrong setting.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mcddeb wrote:I have the Expodisc, there is much debate on whether it is really worth the expense. It seems to be one of those things some photogs either love it or think it is useless.
I used to live in Silicon Valley, California and I spoke with George Wallace, the inventor, on the phone in 1997 to order an Expodisc. He was in Watsonville, just a few miles away. At that time they were $12 for all sizes up to 72mm. I bought a 55mm one. I have never really used it though. I just checked their website and see that prices have risen considerably!