DxO Optics color rendition profiles

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
roysmith
Heirophant

DxO Optics color rendition profiles

Unread post by roysmith »

Has anybody used DxO color rendering tool?
I see there's an option to use a custom ICC profile, and then I wonder... someone knows of any way to "extract" the ICC profiles from my A700 so I can experiment with creative style colors directly from DxO using raw? I'd love to be able to try the light, deep, portrait, landscape and all the color profiles which can be selected using creative styles for jpeg files, but instead directly from my preferred raw processing software. I know it can be done using Sony's software but I don't really like it, I'm just looking for a way to get those ICC profiles.
Any idea will be appreciated ;)

Thanks!
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: DxO Optics color rendition profiles

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Download a trial version of Capture One LE/Pro or whatever they call the freebie these days. It will install ICC profiles for all major cameras. You can then get at these with other apps, though how you use them is a different matter. There is no embedded profile in the A700 itself, just a hidden profile in Sony IDC. DxO's 'looks' are in a different format, Capture One's library of camera profiles actually lives in your normal ICC profile directory and can be viewed using things like Apple's profile viewer app.

David
roysmith
Heirophant

Thanks David, but unfortunately Capture One only ships with one A700 profile (SonyA700-Generic.icm) and not with any of the custom color profiles. I've played a little using Sony IDC though, and found that no matter which profile I use, the greens and yellows are still to pale for my taste... so I guess I'll keep using the D3X profile from DxO :)

Thanks!
roysmith
Heirophant

Just another example of color rendition. I'm sooo happy with this tool :)
The grass looks really improved to me.
Attachments
A700 Standard
A700 Standard
A700 Saturation +15%
A700 Saturation +15%
A700 using D3x color profile
A700 using D3x color profile