Aperture

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Aperture

Unread post by Ken M »

Any Aperture users here? Was wondering if I should shift to Lightroom or other photoshop products? Aperture seems good for me but was wondering if the other products are a better fit. Seams like Aperture is missing a lot of key items the more I read about it on forums. Let me know your thoughts..........
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Ken M
Grand Caliph

Re: Aperture

Unread post by Ken M »

Follow up question>>>> Raw vs Jpeg The one thing missing in Aperture is lens correction. So what do you shoot? JPEG (with 1.06 firmware) lots of lenses corrected or Raw?
A65 16mm-50mm 2.8
Tamron 72E 90mm 2.8 Macro
Sony 35mm 1.8 Sony
Sony 55-300mm and 55-200mm

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Re: Aperture

Unread post by peterottaway »

Aperture 4 is expected to be released shortly - there is usually an upgrade 2-3 months after Apple do a upgrade to Mac OS X. Apple have a set of new hardware releases due for 23 October with the reputed iPad mini, a refreshed iMac / Mini range and probably the Retina 13 inch. So I would think on or after the 23rd.

I use PTlens for lens correction. As well as DxO Optics Pro and Raw Photo Processor as additional PP software.