A77, Lightroom and Win XP

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Re: A77, Lightroom and Win XP

Unread post by mikeriach »

Birma, if you are into Phantoms like me then you'd describe it as Phabulous.
They were truly a spectacular jet and I miss them.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
harvey
Oligarch

Unread post by harvey »

dewarp wrote: Be very careful when buying second hand copies of Adobe software - e.g. see:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/854077

regards - Peter
This is quite tricky, I don't think the company in question is going to tell you that the user has deactivated it.
And with Adobe you have two activations and you need to be sure it is an EU copy.
Omega892
Oligarch

Unread post by Omega892 »

mikeriach wrote:Birma, if you are into Phantoms like me then you'd describe it as Phabulous.

Mike
A memorable time for me as an aircraft artificer (airframes and engines technician/engineer) on 892 and Ark Royal 1970-1972, with the build up being extensive modification programmes and many engine changes whilst on NASU Yeovilton 1969-early 1970.

Here are some picture, with a difference, taken using a Minolta SRT101 on Kodakchrome II (25 ISA - wow).
I used a Weston Master V to give me exposure cues. I didn't have a tripod so had to improvise whilst bouncing around somewhere in the North Atlantic.

'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Interesting pics Omega892. (ISO 25!)

When I was still making model aircraft, and drawing endless pictures of military jets, it was the Buccaneer that was my favourite. Any pics of those?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Lionel,

Excellent pics considering the circumstances.

Birma,

Just for you...the Banana jet was a truly amazing machine. This was a 12 jet launch.

Mike
Omega892
Oligarch

Birma wrote:Interesting pics Omega892. (ISO 25!)
Thanks. I had a 'senior moment' there, I should have typed 25 ASA which was the designation in those days.
Any pics of those?
I'll look some out.

Some of mine were in the book 'Phoenix Squadron' by Rowland White ('Vulcan 607). Rowland used some of mine that to my mind didn't pass muster, there was a long lag between shooting, me sending away (went off by COD Gannet) and then seeing on my next home leave. I had a Rokkor standard lens play up when heat aboard ship made diaphragm oil run slowing the response, thus shots had poor depth of field and also over-exposed. I did discover it when checking out the diaphragm manually but too late for some shots. Also I tried, forthe increase in ASA, Kodak Ektachrome but the processors did a poor job and they bleached out over time.

Kodachrome II has turned out to be the most stable colour-wise with Agfa CT-18 (50 ASA) being behind the then new Fujichrome 100 ASA on that score.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great shot Mike - what a lot of Buccaneers :)

Lionel, I can imagine that it was not like today when you can just 'chimp' and check the shot. It must have been a long wait to see the end results :)
Omega892
Oligarch

mikeriach wrote:Lionel,

Just for you...the Banana jet was a truly amazing machine. This was a 12 jet launch.

Mike
Nice.

I remember the days when 766 Squadron Sea Vixens would do a stream take off of all serviceable aircraft 35-40 cabs (as we called them, not kites) at a time. Noise. Whassat?

A couple of Phantom pics the first, SRT101 135 mm Tamron on Kodachrome II, a roller landing, no hook down

the second a bolter, on SRT101 135 mm Tamron on Agfa CT-18. But hook now up.
The observant may see a small lighter patch at the rear bottom of starboard undercarriage door. This is a stainless steel repair patch. We were having so many heavy landings with burst tyres. Plenty of shrapnel flying through the air from bits of steel ply tyre, 450 psi each, door and leg undercarriage hydraulic and pneumatic lines. Rectifying all this was almost as common a task as engine changes in those early days aboard Ark. We ran out of replacement doors and had to resort to patching the wrecks, if there was much left that is else another duff budgie would be robbed.

Those night shots were using an SRT101 Rokkor 28 mm f3.5 on Kodachrome II

I will find some Bucc' pictures, honest.

Shush. Is this not a little OT by now?
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great shots Lionel - you could start an aircraft carrier thread :)

You have a spectacular collection - it must be unique? I'm really enjoying them. More please, Buccaneers would be a bonus ;)
Omega892
Oligarch

Buccaneers as promised:

The first against the on flight deck sun in 'Fly 1' (up front, starboard side) whilst anchored off Virgin Gorda early 1972. Fujichrome 100 ASA, SRT101 28mm Rokkor f3.5.

'Who broke my Buc'!'

'Nothing to do with me Chief!'

Next one going off the waist cat' (along the angled deck) the track of which which ran through the deck-head (ceiling to lubbers) of my mess-deck (living quarters) and which I could reach and touch from my top bunk of a tier of three without stretching. Noise. Whassat?

Muted colours (Agfa CT18 50 ASA, SRT101 Tamron 135mm) because picture was shot whilst on NATO exercises above the Arctic circle late autumn 1970.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Fabulous Lionel :) I especially like the first one - that is really special. Please don't feel you have to stop now.
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Stunning.
Omega892
Oligarch

Thanks for the encouragement all.

More to follow then.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Omega892 wrote:Thanks for the encouragement all.

More to follow then.
I'm not into aircraft or whatsoever, but I recon your pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing!
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Lionel, there is an F4 group on Facebook. They welcome photos and would love these.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bf4pag/

Mike