LR and Raw conversion version...

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Octupi
Acolyte

LR and Raw conversion version...

Unread post by Octupi »

I have LR 2 and although I thought it would always be using ACR4.5 behind the scenes, when I'm in the develop module, the only options I see in the Camera Calibration Profile options are ACR4.2 and ACR4.4.

Am I missing something? Any ideas or suggestions.

Sorry if this is to simple. :oops: :roll:
a700 + VG, HVL 56, SAL70-200/2.8GSSM, M100/2.8M, M135/2.8, M50/1.7, M35/2, M28/2.8, M17-35 D, Tam28-75/2.8
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: LR and Raw conversion version...

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Those are the latest ACR profile versions. However, you should be able to download the new Adobe DNG Camera Profile kit and install this in Lightroom, and this will provide you with a new beta standard profile.

I can not locate the link to the update now on Adobe's sites and I have to leave for the A900 press conference right away.

David
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by 01af »

Octupi wrote:Am I missing something?
No.

There simply are two profiles for your camera called "ACR 4.2" because it was introduced with Camera Raw 4.2 and then an updated one called "ACR 4.4" which originally came with Camera Raw 4.4. Generally it is recommended to use always the latest camera profile---which in your case currently is "ACR 4.4"---but the earlier profiles are kept available for backwards compatibility. The two profiles are very, very similar anyway; you'll be hard-pressed to see any difference between them (albeit there are differences).

Don't confuse the profiles with Camera Raw itself just because the profiles are named after the Camera Raw versions which originally introduced them.

As David just explained, at Adobe Labs (i. e. not the regular Adobe download section) you can download the beta version of the new Adobe DNG Profile Editor 1.0 which allows to create your own camera profiles from scratch or to tweak exisiting profiles. It also replaces the old ACR Calibrator scripts. Google will find it. Along with it come a few new camera profiles ... but in my opinion these are not very good (way too red generally).

-- Olaf
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

David Kilpatrick wrote:...and I have to leave for the A900 press conference right away.
David
Finger crossed. I am sure you'll bring back with you excellent news. :D
I do hope so...
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Octupi
Acolyte

Unread post by Octupi »

thanks guys. I do have the profile editor and have been mucking with it a bit.

So I am sane...I'll have to tell my wife, she won't believe it. :shock:
a700 + VG, HVL 56, SAL70-200/2.8GSSM, M100/2.8M, M135/2.8, M50/1.7, M35/2, M28/2.8, M17-35 D, Tam28-75/2.8