LR6 and CC

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
the_hefay
Viceroy

LR6 and CC

Unread post by the_hefay »

Maybe this is a dumb question but does one have to have internet access in order to use LR6 or CC? Can editing and post processing be done w/out internet access? I'm just curious how Adobe's creative cloud system works.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: LR6 and CC

Unread post by Birma »

From my experience, CC will try to connect, but it still works if it can't. Obviously you don't get an update etc.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
the_hefay
Viceroy

So the whole program is installed and run the computer? Feature set aside, is it fair to say the difference between LR6 and LR5 is how you pay for it? Lump sum versus subscription?
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi The_Hefay, sorry for the delay. Yes the software is installed on your machine. When you do connect hen the s/w will check for updates and confirm your license I believe. I think you can still buy LR as a standalone program and that is LR6. The subscription version is now called LR CC (Creative Cloud).

I'm very happy with CC as it allows me to get LR and Photoshop at a reasonable cost.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
the_hefay
Viceroy

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

After the acquisition of a99-2 LR became unbearably slow to process even JPG files. The size has doubled ... Found a simple way out, installed the previous versions of 5.7 and 4.4. And a miracle was accomplished! The computer came to life again. :) (i7, 32gb RAM, 250 Samsung SSD - sata III)
To convert RAW to JPG I use C1 Capture One Express, which works much more correctly and very quickly with RAW files. Further processing, if necessary, can be completed in Adobe. :D
Everything in the life unusual!