ACR 4.6 beta

From RAW conversion to image editing and printing
Jonathan K
Oligarch

ACR 4.6 beta

Unread post by Jonathan K »

Hi all,

I saw that David has used ACR 4.6 beta for the conversion of an A900 pic. But I would like to address everybody who has upgraded to ACR 4.6..

Has there been any other change than only adding support of the 5 mentioned cameras? Or is there a change in IQ?
Thanks

Jonathan
Please feel free to visit my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonathankaell
01af
Imperial Ambassador

Re: ACR 4.6 beta

Unread post by 01af »

Besides the added support for the latest cameras, usually there are bugfixes or all kinds of major or minor improvements to the internal algorithms ... but Adobe won't tell us. And we have no idea how often 'usually' actually is. Generally you want to update to the latest version even if you don't need the new cameras' support.

-- Olaf
Jonathan K
Oligarch

Unread post by Jonathan K »

01af wrote:Besides the added support for the latest cameras, usually there are bugfixes or all kinds of major or minor improvements to the internal algorithms ... but Adobe won't tell us. And we have no idea how often 'usually' actually is. Generally you want to update to the latest version even if you don't need the new cameras' support.

-- Olaf
Yes, I suppose so, but then again I believe we should wait until they release the final version...

Thanks for your answer,

Jonathan
Please feel free to visit my gallery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonathankaell
01af
Imperial Ambassador

ACR 4.6 now final!

Unread post by 01af »

Adobe Camera Raw 4.6 is now out in its final revision (for Mac/for Windows). Support for the Alpha 900 now is official rather than preliminary.

-- Olaf
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Do you kow off hand if there is aupport of the V4 ARW's from the A700 in there?