Ektar 100 ist shots.

Everything to do with colour negative shooting, developing and printing
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Ektar 100 ist shots.

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Decided to give it a bash..hard to say if I like it really, it's pretty pumped at times.
No major pp, just attempting to get scans that represent the film..
A few samples for folks to have a look
Might be a cracker film for sunsets, if you like a bit of pump..it will appeal, if not, start running now!

Clahane Near Dingle
Clahane Near Dingle
Slea Head, Dingle
Slea Head, Dingle
Connor Pass, Dingle area. 30 secs night exposure
Connor Pass, Dingle area. 30 secs night exposure
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Ektar 100 ist shots.

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Pretty good scans Barry. Better than I have ever managed from colour neg.

David
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Ektar 100 ist shots.

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Thanks DK, I used the Ultra Colour Kodak profile..as it seemed closer than other ones.

I have a few more samples;

Untitled-1.jpg
untitledframe35010.jpg

A few notes. Some shots are incredibly hard to achieve good colour balance on, least I had some problems with them.
I think the rated speed of ISO 100 is just fine, bar the usual tricky exposures etc..bracket type scenario.
Rating at ISO 80 is ok, but possibly pushes the colours a bit hard at times in well exposed scenes.
Latitude looks reasonable, but nothing exceptional compared to average neg film.
Night shots had 1 stop of extra exposure, which seems about right for reciprocity, Kodak provide no information other than "experiment yourself" with exposures greater than 1 second.
Grain is very fine and tight..and excellent sharpness.

Possibly a bit cooked for my own tastes, though it could be a useful film in some situations. Can give some very nice results, and some "whacky" ones colour wise too. Not a film for general use. Possible to get reasonable skintones, but the film is too contrasty for serious people work. A film for occasional experimenting, not something I would be shooting with all the time.