My Velvia is going on 15 years old

Colour reversal technique and slide presentation
bakubo
Tower of Babel

My Velvia is going on 15 years old

Unread post by bakubo »

I suspect a few other people here also have some old film in the freezer. A couple of days ago I took some film out of the freezer that I bought in about 1995 or 1996 and it has been in the freezer ever since. Here is 9 rolls of 120 Fuji Velvia, 4 rolls of 35mm Fuji Velvia, and 3 rolls of 35mm Kodak Supra 400. I took the photo and then put it all back in the freezer. :)
IMG_1842.jpg
(239.64 KiB) Downloaded 4185 times
Anyone else have some photos of old film?

And here is a photo of a pile of stuff on the floor of my room in 1975 -- a teenager's room:

KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: My Velvia is going on 15 years old

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Sadly, I haven't got any film lying around, but with two Minolta cameras (Maxxum 5 and Uniomat II) in good working order, I probably should. Your pictures in this "then and now" series are excellent. Is there any significance to the unfolded map of Redwood National Park?
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

bakubo wrote:I suspect a few other people here also have some old film in the freezer. A couple of days ago I took some film out of the freezer that I bought in about 1995 or 1996 and it has been in the freezer ever since. Here is 9 rolls of 120 Fuji Velvia, 4 rolls of 35mm Fuji Velvia, and 3 rolls of 35mm Kodak Supra 400. I took the photo and then put it all back in the freezer. :)
If you had posted this a couple of months ago I could have done the same, but I have since given my 18 remaining frozen rolls of 8 year-old 120 Fuji Reala to a co-worker who will actually use them. I still have a couple of dozen rolls of 35mm Fuji Reala and a half dozen rolls of Fuji Velvia in the freezer, and I am working through those at the blistering rate of a couple of rolls a year.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have a real mixed bag in the freezer - all kinds of films from the last years of deiversified film manufacture. They are staying there, I think; they won't go off. In the freezer, they will be OK in even 20 years.

There is now only one lab offering E6 processing in Scotland. All the major photo labs have closed down their lines.

David
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

KevinBarrett wrote:Is there any significance to the unfolded map of Redwood National Park?
No significance, it was just handy. :) We were there in early March, maybe 4th time to be there, when we were on our way to Vancouver, BC.
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

I have some portrait film in the freezer. Couple of rolls of Kodachrome 64 which I intend to let loose on Dingle or near there. Better shoot those as I'll have trouble getting them developed. About 12 rolls of various Ilford films in the fridge waiting to finish one off in the film 5.
No point looking at the stuff or freezing it..use it that's the idea (even just the odd time) ;-)