GePe slide mounts.

Colour reversal technique and slide presentation
Lobo
Initiate

GePe slide mounts.

Unread post by Lobo »

Anyone know of a reliable and cheap source of GePe slide mounts with metal masks? I think that over £7 a box is a little rich. 'Tis for me, anyway :cry:
Philip
Oligarch

Re: GePe slide mounts.

Unread post by Philip »

You might try 7dayshop.com. I've used them in the past with no problems at all. Not sure whether they sell the particular mount you want, but they do sell gepe.

Philip
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Thanks for that. They do them, but not with metal masks. :cry:
Philip
Oligarch

Unread post by Philip »

Sorry that 7day don't stock the particular mount that you require. My next suggestion is http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk ... lide+mount. A little more expensive, but again I have used them with out problems.

Philip
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I have just found nine boxes, unopened, GePe 2mm thick Anti Newton slide mounts with metal masks. I also may have more, and I have, for anyone who is very serious about slides, a large quantity of filing cabinet hanging bars and slide filing sheets (Secol, I think). I'm talking about a weight of this stuff such that packing it would be difficult. It was supplied to us a decade ago in return for advertising space, and would be sufficienty to store a small photo library. Anyone interested, email me.

David
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Once again David, thanks.
I don't use the glass slide mounts; stopped using them a long time ago due to cost and complaints from our projectionist about dust and breakages. Now I'm the club projectionist! I would, however, be very interested in any 35 mm GePe metal mask slide mounts you might have - if I can afford them! I could use about one ~ two thousand! How much would you be asking? :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I don't think I have any glassless metal frame mounts, but I will check the abandoned offices just in case. We used to buy in 1000s but use in 1000s too. I doubt that any unopened packs remain!

David
Lobo
Initiate

Unread post by Lobo »

Thanks anyway, David. :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I also realise that we never used metal mask glassless - just plain plastic GePe, because these mounts were not for projection, they were for library filing. I think I do have a box or two still around but they will not be glassless with the stainless steel mask. Those are great if you can avoid slide popping during projection, and my Pradovit always created problems especially with the 150mm f2.8 lens. I still have the projector and all my old slide shows, I don't think they have been touched for 10 years. In the 1980s, I used a twin projection setup with two Rollei P35 projectors and an Animatic dissolve, but abandoned it later for higher quality from a single Pradovit 2500.

David