Luminar 4

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Luminar 4

Unread post by sury »

I have had Luminar 4 since Dec 2019 but could not use it due to graphics card issues on my computer. Tried everything in the book to no avail. Eventually I replaced by graphics card (it failed after 6 years) and voila Luminar 4 is back. I bought it for its AI sky replacement feature and it certainly worked very well for my example.

The original, post processed in lightroom. The day was cloudy and dull and I tried to brighten up a bit.

The sky was replaced with a stock sky that came with Luminar. It took me about 3 seconds once I figured out the steps.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
ValeryD
Viceroy

Re: Luminar 4

Unread post by ValeryD »

:) Good one!
Everything in the life unusual!
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Is there a stock beach that you could use as well?
Is the stock sky a preset of enhancements to your original or is it a replacement?
Thanks,
JT
sury

Unread post by sury »

You can replace any element in your photo with one of your own. If you have a beautiful sky and need to replace the ho-hum
beach, it can be done. It is not a preset of enhancement/adjustment. It is literally replacing the original sky with a new image.
The AI portion detects where the horizon is, and makes it easier to replace.

Sury
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

This reminds me of the age old discussion of whether enhancements enrich photography or detract from it. RAW files have too much capacity for one to set the camera perfectly. So we have programs like Lightroom and Capture One to provide the rest of the settings. Luminar 4 seems different. I guess the end product is your image but it seems like you could create something similar without ever pressing the shutter release. Is that an accurate statement?
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yes indeed. It has been true ever since digital dark rooms came into being. The later versions have become more sophisticated.
The paintings were always the artist's interpretation for that matter.

Sury