Challenge 10: Old MacDonald had a farm..- Winner Chosen

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge 10: Old MacDonald had a farm..- Winner Chosen

Unread post by aster »

" But my very own farm rocks the best! "

Hello everyone, :D

Time to put on the challenge boots and rock the face of the planet...Feel like it?

Good old month of June is here for most of us with warm weather and new life that spring around and surround us.

For this challenge, we’re asked to challenge the famous Old Mac who has one cheerful, fruitful and animal-kingdom of a farm that inspired songs that each generation since had to sing along.

Photos of farm grounds, animals, watchdogs on task, livelyhood, chickens, roosters, sheep, cattle, cowboys, cowgirls anything and everything you can imagine pertains to the premises of a proper farm but that you can also find in your house, garden or vicinity counts. (I know some of you have your own chickens and what nots)

Let’s go find something that beats old Uncle Mac’s .... :D

The last day for submissons is 07 September 2009.

Have a cheerful time,
Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bossel
Viceroy

Re: Challenge 10: Old MacDonald had a farm..ee..aa..oo!

Unread post by bossel »

Posted this a while ago but fits well into this thread:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3656/332 ... e338_o.jpg

Glückliche Kühe - La vache qui rit - Mutlu inekler :wink: Dunno if there are special expressions for happy cows in english?
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Through a shop window, with the price stuck on her head.
Love that constipated look on her face! :^)

Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

Taken in India in 2008 during the festival of Diwali. Even the goats are decorated for the festival.
Attachments
Goat Herd.jpg
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Not on the farm but in the backyard. A100 with Hanimex 135/2.8 M42 mount and M42 tubes, hand held and no post processing.

With best regards,
Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Ahh! Lovely, lovely entries already! :D

Thank you for showing up with the beauties you had hidden everyone. I yet have to think up a place that could have farm animals around in the urban setting that I'm in but I'm working on it. :)

I really shouldn't comment while the challenge is in the running but....
Bossel's multi-lingual pleasant family of cows with Hera's eyes, the 'constipated' piglet, the cutest llama, the life-size-reality of an Indian goat herd, the sweet butterfly taking a sip off of a lovely flower are all lovely reminders of a farm life in a more personal level.

Keep them coming! :D

Yildiz

ps. Zeus' wife Hera was also known for her big, beautiful eyes. In fact, Hera means 'cow's eyes'.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Sharing the secret.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

david antony wrote:Sharing the secret.
Horse nozzling: " You smell nice! Is this the new scent you brought back from the valley of wild lavanders? It sure goes fine with your hide and complexion, an enchanting blend! ...Oh, and did you hear about the new stallion getting an extra bunch of honey-dipped carrots for meals? It's also talk of the farm that the farmer will have that stallion's front tooth ladden with diamonds after he won the last race...and here we are worrying over when we'll be getting our new shoes! "

Horse listening: " Breaks my's heart...I don't think I have the will to run the next race anymore... and I thought I was getting the best hay and water around here! Maybe I should run myself into the horse scents business after all...."

Yildiz
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

aster wrote:
It sure goes fine with your hide and complexion,Yildiz

Just what every woman wants to hear!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Javelin wrote:
aster wrote:
It sure goes fine with your hide and complexion,

Just what every woman wants to hear!
The phrase probably saved millions of wedding ceremonies at last minutes, marriages, relationships and friendships, uttered at just the right moment when most needed! :D
Always a constructive one to start a positive chatter among people...as proven by cosmetic products sales.

But when true, with the right colours and textiles or material, it's triumph for all sides... :D !

Yildiz
Elisha
Initiate

Unread post by Elisha »

not sure if this is acceptable but these are farm tour horses...

Sony Alpha a700 + Sony VG-C70AM Vertical Grip
Minolta AF: 28-135mm F4-4.5 | 50mm F1.4
Sony 70-300mm G SSM
Sigma EF-530 DG Super

flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Certainly Elisha, the photo is very appropriate for the theme of this challenge. :D

Welcome aboard!

By the way, lovely natural colours...

Yildiz
harveyzone
Oligarch

Unread post by harveyzone »

aster wrote:For this challenge, we’re asked to challenge the famous Old Mac who has one cheerful, fruitful and animal-kingdom of a farm that inspired songs that each generation since had to sing along.

Photos of farm grounds, animals, watchdogs on task, livelyhood, chickens, roosters, sheep, cattle, cowboys, cowgirls anything and everything you can imagine pertains to the premises of a proper farm but that you can also find in your house, garden or vicinity counts. (I know some of you have your own chickens and what nots)
Am I resticted to just one image? I hope not. Here are a couple...

Last edited by harveyzone on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Tom
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Harvey, :D

Definitely no restrictions to the number of entries at all! :D The more the merrier and the more the colourful our destined farm becomes.

What a lovely twin-set of a merry farm you've got in these... Context and colours are very nice. Exactly why we need more and more...

Thanks,
Yildiz
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

We stayed on a farm in Wales last year, this is Nancy one of the goats that used to come looking for breakfast (and lunch and dinner)

Murph