Challenge 32:"Windswept !.It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
aster
Tower of Babel

Challenge 32:"Windswept !.It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announced

Unread post by aster »

Hello everyone, :)

Welcome to our new challenge!

Please dust your Alphas and lenses off and turn them on all things that the wind has swept. It's officially autumn but for those living their spring you can also shoot anything connected to being swept by the wind.

If you see your own kid being swept in the strong wind and can take a shot, that counts too! : ) What I mean is " Use Your Imagination, everything counts!"

We're looking for anything with colours to black&white just as you wish to convey your art.

Specifications:
* The challenge officially starts this minute and ends on 15 December 2010.
* The size of photos should not exceed 1024*1024 and 250 Kb.
* You may enter with as many photos as you like.
* You may enter with photos you think are interesting from the depths of your archives and of course new photos are always most welcome. : )

Everyone is invited!

Now go and have fun with your cameras and lenses! :D

Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ACIPhotos
Heirophant

Re: Challenge 32: "Windswept !... It's Fall'ing..."

Unread post by ACIPhotos »

My first challenge! One from the archives. :)
Attachments
Sycamore Impressions.jpg
Sycamore Impressions.jpg (190.79 KiB) Viewed 5186 times
Anna
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice entry shot. A very pleasant and dreamy shot. Would you care to share the secret on how you took this shot?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

ACIPhotos wrote:My first challenge! One from the archives. :)

Welcome to the challenges, ACIPhotos! : ))

Good luck with your nice entry....

Yildiz
ACIPhotos
Heirophant

Unread post by ACIPhotos »

Dr. Harout wrote:Nice entry shot. A very pleasant and dreamy shot. Would you care to share the secret on how you took this shot?

I move the camera when I press the shutter. Usually it takes about a shutter speed of 1/6th to get the desired effect. The colours came out slightly pink on this due to the light so I left it as is.
Anna
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hmm, have to try that. Thanks.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hello sweet gents and sweetest of ladies! :D

I'm more than worried that this challenge may have turned into our 'sleeping beauty' in the forum. : )

Isn't there at least any 'froggy-prince-photo' to kiss and wake it from any of you ?

Is there nothing caught in the wind or showcasing an autumn 'attire' around or nearest to you? A leaf; an abandoned pool of water with fall leaves floating its surface ?

We certainly need that 'autumn frog'!! :D

All those trying out their new Sony gear, you know you'll have to take sample shots at one point. So how about for this one?

For example: Bossel, how goes it in Nice or Cote D'Azur with you NEX 5? :D Any 'frog-prince-photo' in your department?

Yildiz
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

It's not autumn here yet Yildiz in Scotland, not properly. Trees still green with a hint of yellow/gold, some brown leaves, some falling leaves but we don't get full-in 'fall' until about two weeks from now, and through late October into early November. I look out of my window and all I see is vey lush (wet) green. There are some Autumn crocuses but the birds have been after the saffron and made a mess of them.

David
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

David Kilpatrick wrote:It's not autumn here yet Yildiz in Scotland, not properly. Trees still green with a hint of yellow/gold, some brown leaves, some falling leaves but we don't get full-in 'fall' until about two weeks from now, and through late October into early November. I look out of my window and all I see is vey lush (wet) green. There are some Autumn crocuses but the birds have been after the saffron and made a mess of them.

David

Hi David,

I get your point only too well! :D

Guys, I've just updated my original post with a new deadline date: 15 December 2010

This should give us time to photo-sample our own autumns in our regions hopefully.

Looking forward to your colours and shapes! : )

Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

aster wrote:For example: Bossel, how goes it in Nice or Cote D'Azur with you NEX 5? :D Any 'frog-prince-photo' in your department?
NEX is doing fine and it was actually windy when we walked on the Promenade des Anglais yesterday. But I have to admit I was playing too much with the camera and forgot the challenge :wink:
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bossel wrote:
aster wrote:For example: Bossel, how goes it in Nice or Cote D'Azur with you NEX 5? :D Any 'frog-prince-photo' in your department?
NEX is doing fine and it was actually windy when we walked on the Promenade des Anglais yesterday. But I have to admit I was playing too much with the camera and forgot the challenge :wink:
:) Ah! Hmmm, seeing the effects it had on everyone, I know what kind of challenge I should have started, with the Photokina past and all:

:D :D Challenge 32: "NEX-SWEPT!!..It's ruling !"

Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Ok, this is not really 'falling' but definitely 'windswept'. Yesterday in Nice, France:
Attachments
mer1.jpg
mer1.jpg (153.85 KiB) Viewed 5121 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Merci bien, Bossel! :D

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Neighbour blowing his bushels of leaves & pine needles after a
rather windy night. Taken from my puter room window.

Aperture Priority f/4.5 160mm

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Here are two shots, as autumn begins to have some effect here now, one is only any good if you have 3D red-blue specs to view it...
Attachments
autumnfence-web.jpg
autumnfence-web.jpg (650.98 KiB) Viewed 5067 times
conkerfall2-web.jpg
conkerfall2-web.jpg (443.34 KiB) Viewed 5067 times