Challenge 32:"Windswept !.It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announced

A photo challenge starting January 5th 2009. One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Aster has been appointed moderator of this forum in recognition of her commitment to making it great fun. This does not prevent others from setting challenges!

Moderator: aster

Forum rules
One image only, normal size restrictions apply (1000 pixel maximum width or height recommended - if vertical we suggest 700 pixels maximum width). No followup images (comparisons) except by those who have not already posted their one image. Discussion welcome - please only repeat images in discussion posts if absolutely essential. Participants should provide basic camera data (body, lens, ISO, mode, exposure over-ride or WB settings), and details of raw processing and subsequent PP.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Re: Challenge 32: "Windswept !... It's Fall'ing..."

Unread post by InTheSky »

autumn ... :-)

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Great photos David Antony, Frank and David Kilpatrick ! :D

Autumn indeed does prevail in these shots in essence, while it also affects our daily tasks as David Antony's nicely shows...

These new cameras brought a third dimension to our visual life... Nice of you to remind us of the alternative options with which we can view a season like autumn, David K. I'm sure spring, winter and summer will also be just as interesting in 3D.

Frank; : )

Thank you for putting a little space between your great shots. Now we can appreciate each of the photo's beauties separately...

Yildiz
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

Another kind of Autumn Wind...

Click to see a large version.

For this image I used my 1.4/85 wide open - and I was lucky that the focus was o.k., as I have made the experience that the AF system is not really reliable with this lens.

Markus
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Markus, your shot depicts exactly the title. That's a winner.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nothing like windswept withered brown-yellow and multi-colourful leaves flying about madly in the air to call it that certain season of the year!

:D And of course the chores that come with it!

Good one, Markus... : )

Yildiz
springm
Oligarch

Unread post by springm »

Thx Dr. Harout, Aster. Of course the chores are there, and even more substantial if it's the neighbours trees causing them. But the noise and stench for the innocent bypassers is not to forget as well :(

Markus
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

springm wrote:Thx Dr. Harout, Aster. Of course the chores are there, and even more substantial if it's the neighbours trees causing them. But the noise and stench for the innocent bypassers is not to forget as well :(

Markus
Hi Markus,

I understand the discomfort only too well. It can be really distracting and offensive and kills the day's and the season's sweet whispers that are actually kind of joy-bringing in a peaceful way; wind whistling through the tree branches and leaves...rain splashing against the patio stones... kids laughing while heading to and from school busses... : ))

I used to love autumn so much more when I was a school kid, when I could just run around in our garden after I stepped down from my school bus and I would greet my mother loudly until I was at the front door of our house. All that, of course happened when I was living by the lake surrounded by a lake and its natural inhabitants and coniferous trees...and a lemon tree that was planted at my birth, of course! Gorgeous days they were full of birds' singing and absolutely no 'stench'.

The tool / equipment manufacturers should work hard to get only a minor 'humming' sound out of those leaf-blowers...

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 32: "Windswept !... It's Fall'ing..." - Voting

Unread post by aster »

Voting Time!

CHALLENGE #32 POLL FOR YOUR VOTES

Thank you all for your participation! :D

There are some great entries as you'll find for yourself...

Please visit the link above to vote for the photo that you think is the best to depict the title of this challenge.

Depending on the results of this poll we may have to go for a second round of voting...but we'll have to wait for 7 days for this.

Thanks,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 32:"Windswept!..It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announc

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations to Markus (Springm)! :D

I'd like to announce that the votes submitted by our forum members showed that Markus' photo makes him the proud winner of this challenge. : )

Thank you everyone for your creative thinking and participation!

See you all in the future challenges! :D

Now go and shine those cameras and lenses and be alert... : )

Yildiz
springm
Oligarch

Re: Challenge 32:"Windswept !.It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announc

Unread post by springm »

Hi Photoclub Alpha guys,

I'd like to thank you for voting for my "Another Kind Of Autumn Wind" photo. I surely am proud of having won this challenge, as the competing images were truly strong.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011.

Markus
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Challenge 32:"Windswept !.It's Fall'ing."-Winner Announc

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations once again, Markus ! :D

You deserve it without doubt....

Yildiz