A77 Question...

Specifically for the discussion of the A-mount DSLR range
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

A77 Question...

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

So I'm now seriously thinking about getting one. Not to use for myself, but to sit on and sell come early December. With the flooding in Thailand, a few places still have them, but they are selling out FAST. When they are gone, it looks like they will be unavailable until Mid-Jan. I think I could get one, hold it for a month, unopened, flip it and make a hefty profit.

I've been a procrastinator all my life. I know there are others like me. This time, why not make a little $$ for it? :)

My real aim is to buy the FF replacement next year.

Thoughts??
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: A77 Question...

Unread post by Dusty »

A previously owned camera is just that - previously owned - even if unopened. The warranty will only be good from the date of the receipt, so assuming you send it to the buyer, they miss several months of warranty. I would buy a new, unopened but previously owned body only from someone I knew, and then only at a discount.

Maybe other want one so bad they'll pay extra and take the warranty shortage, but if they wanted it that bad they will buy overseas or have bought already.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

Lonnie Utah wrote:
Thoughts??
PROCRASTINATE, NOW!!
Last edited by gio67 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Dusty wrote:A previously owned camera is just that - previously owned - even if unopened. The warranty will only be good from the date of the receipt, so assuming you send it to the buyer, they miss several months of warranty. I would buy a new, unopened but previously owned body only from someone I knew, and then only at a discount.

Maybe other want one so bad they'll pay extra and take the warranty shortage, but if they wanted it that bad they will buy overseas or have bought already.

Dusty

You obviously missed what happened with the X100 when fuji couldn't make enough of them. For a while, the price skyrocketed and lots of folks made some decent cash selling them 2nd hand. It didn't matter that the were "used". People wanted them, and were willing to pay.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

I think it is a good idea. if you don't make money at least you'll have the experience...

Talking seriously: Other than the price tag, you must think about shipping charges, taxes, and your time.

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Lonnie there is not the slightest chance I would speculate on the offchance of a camera (of all things) going UP in price because of some 'possible' shortage.
But if you think it might pay off, go for it, after all it's your money....
Greg
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Greg Beetham wrote:Lonnie there is not the slightest chance I would speculate on the offchance of a camera (of all things) going UP in price because of some 'possible' shortage.
What's the worst thing that could happen? I'm "stuck" with an A77? :lol:
Atgets_Apprentice
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Atgets_Apprentice »

Lonnie Utah wrote:
Greg Beetham wrote:Lonnie there is not the slightest chance I would speculate on the offchance of a camera (of all things) going UP in price because of some 'possible' shortage.
What's the worst thing that could happen? I'm "stuck" with an A77? :lol:
Exactly....
XG-1, XD-5, XD-7, X-500, XG1n, X300, 7000i, 700si, 800si, 500si Super, 600si, Dynax 5, KM 7D, a100, a200, a300, a580. And another 600si.....