Will the flagship be full frame?

Discussion of all digital SLR cameras under the Minolta and Konica Minolta brands
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Will the flagship be full frame?

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I read a topic on alphatracks.com http://alphatracks.com/archives/81 and am now just thinking: is the diameter of a FF lens projection equal to the diagonal of a 24x36 mm?
If that is the case then SSS will definitely not work, but as far as I know, the diagonal exceeds... Does anyone have any idea? :roll:

Edited to fix link - Kerouac.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

There are two rumours. One is that is will be full frame, but the body prototype shown has the SSS switch and it is not oversized to fit a large shutter and film gate. The second is that the camera will have a 1.25X factor. This seems likely.

David
Dr. Harout

But then again, is it just possible to have FF and SSS?
If practically that is impossible without avoiding vignetting at the edges, then we're left with another option too (just a guess, maybe a dumb one, but anyway... :oops: ); suppose the frame would be 32 x 24 or even 32 x 26 or something like that. Anyway Olympus broke the rule of 3:2...
Dr. Harout

Well, there's the answer to my question and I think it will be interesting to others; just follow the link http://alphatracks.com/archives/82
I was sure Sony had already calculated that issue.