Exhibit your B&W shots

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Exhibit your B&W shots

Unread post by Birma »

Love th or shots John :)

Great picture if the fisherman above the waves Mark :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

A couple from NOLA...
ImageAlleyway by JohnLeBlancII, on Flickr

ImageSleepin' in the Square by JohnLeBlancII, on Flickr
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Great shots John. Second one is my favorite.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very moody atmospheric pictures, John

I have admired B&W photography for some time but never processed much. I have recently being experimenting with Silver Efex and this is an example. I'd be note rested f you B&w gurus think I'm on the right lines?

2014 Boynes - B&W Poppy Field by Birm, on Flickr

A99 with sigma 12-24
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Sury and Andy.

Love the shot Andy.. How are you liking Silver Efex? It has been on my radar for a while..
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks John. I really like Silver Efex - it finally allows me to get the sorts of B&W shots I want to get to. I really like the control point approach. the one downside for me at the moment is that when using it from LR I can't go back and change a setting once I've saved back in to LR. I think in PS that you can use smart layers and in effect use it non-destructively. However I don't use PS much at the moment preferring to do most stuff in LR.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Very tempting Andy. I can't wait to see more B/W landscapes processed with it.. I bought DXO FilmPack when it was on sale, but it is limited for B/W processing, and some of the color film versions are very 'Instagrammy'... The next photo purchase is probably going to be the Samyang 12mm f2.0 for the NEX... Then maybe the NIK software... or another lens.. or....

This is the back of the hospital that I work at, not long after I got my NEX-5N back from LifePixel..
Attachments
Workaday IR resize.jpg
(196.88 KiB) Downloaded 2045 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Wow - that is a fabulous picture, John. I love the tree and the cloud against the dark sky, and the building has a wonderful surreal feel to it.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Andy.. I've been playing around with all of the adjustments for B/W that LR has to offer, reprocessing some of my Big Bend photos to B/W. Silver Efex seem to let you alter the channels much less destructively than LR does.. (Having looked at the largest size of the photo on Flickr).
sury

Unread post by sury »

Very dramatic shot Andy. Look forward to seeing more...

That is a one heck of a IR shot John, of that hospital.

Sury
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Sury... I was happy that I was able to turn something that I have seen, at least 4 days a week for the last 8 years into something interesting. Trust me, in normal color photos, my hospital isn't that interesting...

John
Lonnie Utah
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by Lonnie Utah »

Went on a family camping trip this weekend. I got out to shoot for just about an hour under flat light. While I came back with this shot...

What I didn't come back with was the lens hood to my Zeiss 24-70mm f/2.8. Pricing them on the Sony website $250, with 3rd party vendors about 1/2 that (if you can find one). :( (And if anyone else knows where I could get one, please let me know!)

f/13
15 sec.
ISO 200
24mm
sury

Unread post by sury »

Juanito200 wrote:Thanks Sury... I was happy that I was able to turn something that I have seen, at least 4 days a week for the last 8 years into something interesting. Trust me, in normal color photos, my hospital isn't that interesting...

John

John,
Could you post the color one, may be on Flickr or send me a PM? I am having a discussion with a friend of mine who is doing some research on color versus b&w in messaging (he is a marketing guy) and would like to share your photo. That is if
you don't mind.

Sury
sury

Unread post by sury »

Wow. That shot with flat light? I am almost tempted to pack my camera bag for good, and perhaps send you my
24-70 lens hood. :)
I am guessing flat light is what you get typically in the afternoon or when there are clouds and render
photography a challenge?
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very nice view of the falls. A very good use of the light you had.