Hello from Malaysia

Introduce yourself and meet fellow Photoclubalpha members
xzulx
Acolyte

Hello from Malaysia

Unread post by xzulx »

Hi to all, I'm Zul from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Found out this forum from the dyxum.com "Minolta History" link so I've decided to register. There's a lot of Sony/Minolta users in Malaysia plus a few forums dedicated for this A mount user such as alphamalaysianclub (this is a Sony Malaysia official forum own by Sony Malaysia), clubminolta.com and my group forum which is alphaphoto. I'm a Minolta and Sony user, i do also collect old classic Minolta film camera.

My humble line up;
Sony A200
Konica Minolta 7D
Konica Minolta 5D
Konica EE-Matic Deluxe New
Minolta Hi-Matic 7s
Minolta 16
Minolta SRT101

Cheers. :mrgreen:
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Hello from Malaysia

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Hi Zul,
Glad to hear that there are lots of Sony/Minolta users in your country. On the opposite in my country there are few. I can even say that I was the first owning an A100 in my country (Armenia) and I'm pretty sure I was the first to acquire the (one and only) A700. Now I notice some A100 users (but unfortunately not that much). Here in Armenia, and AFAIK in the former Soviet republics too, people are more prone to use a Canon or Nikon. Though I was a nikonist previously in the film era, I think I was bold enough (and bald enough) to switch to Sony. I don't regret that, definitely.
By the way, do you have any site for your pictures. Would be glad to see them.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
xzulx
Acolyte

Unread post by xzulx »

Thanks Dr. Harout for the welcome and sharing the info about your community in Armenia. I've never been to Armenia before or any of Soviet Republics but the trend nowdays in Malaysia, people's are aiming towards old m42 mount lens such Jupiter 9 and Tier as an option to the expensive Sony CZ lens. Do check out our forum at http://alphaphoto.coolforums.org and http://www.amc.com.my :mrgreen:
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I found the Malaysian forum fascinating - for the mixture of English and Malay, and the incredible colours. The pro wedding forum was especially interesting for me as I am also publisher of the main British photo magazine for professional wedding photographers - the page design album style has clearly caught on in a big way in Malaysia.

David